Thursday, March 19, 2009

My four favorite days of the year

March Madness: It's how I know baseball is about to start playing games that don't tease me into thinking they're important. Of course I fill out brackets, and of course there are multiple brackets, and of course they're not exactly the same. I go back and forth on the strategy of this. Especially in the ones where, should you pick every game (impossible), you win a lot of money - which would be nice.

Do you fill out the same bracket for each won, ultimately increasing your chances of winning a "God-awful" amount of money? Or do you spread it around and hope you caught lightning in a bottle on one of them? Anyhow, here are my picks - feel free to mock:

Midwest:
Louisville, Siena, Utah, Wake, Vest Virginia, Kansas, USC, Michigan State

West:
UConn, BYU (I wouldn't pick A&M if they were playing the University of Whoville), Purdue, Washington, Utah State, Missouri, Maryland, Memphis

East:
Pitt, Oklahoma State, Florida State, Xavier, UCLA, Villanova, Minnesota, Duke

South:
UNC, Butler, W Kentucky, Gonzaga, Temple, Syracuse, Michigan, Oklahoma

---

Midwest:
Louisville, Wake, West Virginia, Michigan State
Louisville, Michigan State
Louisville

West:
UConn, Washington, Utah State, Memphis
UConn, Memphis
Memphis

East:
Pitt, Xavier, UCLA, Duke
Pitt, UCLA
Pitt

South:
UNC, Gonzaga, Syracuse, Oklahoma
UNC, Syracuse
UNC

Semifinals:
Memphis, Pitt

Champion:
Memphis

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I agree, the first four days of the tourney are the best days of the year for me. I work my schedule to allow me to be in front of the TV for as many games as possible. Next year I am taking the thursday and friday off. I love it.

I have to assume the rest of your post was meant to be funny or satirical as you picked Memphis to win it all/