Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Album #1!

















It's finally here, though it seems nobody gives two craps about my little list here...

My favorite album of 2008! The Broken West's "Now or Heaven."

Says QRO Magazine: " It’s invigorating, growing, and just flat-out excellent indie-power-pop that brings the sunshine as well as anything out there."

Says The Onion's A.V. Club: "The songwriting is better this time around, with sharp hooks that draw blood once they grab on. On the stunning "Ambuscade," the record's highlight, driving guitars and bass slip and slither beneath an airy feeling of deep melancholy only hinted at on the debut."

Says I: "My favorite album of the year!"

4 comments:

Heather said...

Not true!

I actually give 2 1/2 craps.

Thanks for all the musical selections.

=)

Aaron said...

I too, give craps. Well, maybe like one good crap. Or two decent craps.

I totally agree with your number 1. Obviously. I'm like the only other Broken West fan in America.

Aaron said...

Some other thoughts on your list. Of course I probably have Coldplay's Viva in my top ten, but I can understand why they may not be in some people's top 25. I was appalled to learn that The Format's Dog Problems and The Fratellis' Costello Music weren't on the list, until I learned both were released in 2006. Whoops.

Also, I may be giving The Fratellis more credit than they deserve since I think I only like the album because it reminds me of our trip to Cooperstown and the Dependence day party.

Couple other things: My Morning Jacket's Evil Urges is in my top 10, maybe top 5. Not sure how it missed your top 20. I haven't heard 4, 5, 9 or 10 on your list. I though you included TV on the Radio in by gift set, but I guess not. TATE- I don't hear it. I've given it two listens and I'm having to convince myself to give it a third.

Bon Iver- the first song brought me to tears. After that I was a little wierded out. I've only listened to it through once though.

And finally, White Rabbits is no doubt my numero dos of the year. I love that album. "The Plot" gets my song of the year for sure.

There. There's my two craps

Aaron said...

weird how i spelled wierded.